As you may know, we at KI are creating a 384 Campus Community which welcomes a variety of prayer groups and imagines new possibilities for Jewish youth engagement. This year we are experimenting with expanding our youth offerings in partnership with Washington Square Minyan (WSM). We are creating a collaborative pilot to enrich children’s tefila.
See our Google Calendar of Shabbat youth services and activities. We also have a list of partner minyanim Shabbat dates.
Three Shabbatot per month we will join together for:
- Pre-tefila drop-off educational activities 9:45 am – 10:30 am led by two teens and a WSM staff person. The programming planned will include learning the parsha through drama, Hebrew games, and singing.
- children ages 5 – 7 will meet in the Mini-Minyan room (Rm #5)
- children ages 8 – 12 will meet in the Junior Congregation room (Rm #2)
- A new peer-oriented format for Junior Congregation. To foster connections between similarly aged kids and to help manage space constraints during this transitional year for our building, we encourage children to attend without parents. Parents will be welcomed back for once or twice per month family-oriented services (see below) during Junior Congregation. As mentioned above, teen counselors will be joining this service to support the kids and act mentors.
- In addition, please be on the lookout for special invitations each month to join your Junior Congregation children for family-oriented services. The dates of these family-oriented services will be: 11/25, 12/2, 12/23, 1/13, 2 /3, 2/24, 3/17, 3/31, 4/21, 5/19, 5/26, 6/16. We will also remind families as these dates approach, in our weekly KI e-newsletters.
- The next family service is November 25!
Continuing as usual:
Nitzanim and Mini Minyan tefila services will continue to meet as in the past, welcoming children and families from KI, Washington Square Minyan, and campus partners.
- Nitzanim: 10:45 am (Room #3)
- Mini-Minyan: 10:30 am (Room #5)
- Junior Congregation: 10:30 am (Room #2)
Babysitting for children aged 3 months-4 years will be offered 9:15am -12:00pm in the babysitting room (Rm #6) on the Shabbatot when Washington Square and Minyan Kol Rinah are here (click for dates). Pre-registration is not required.
We look forward to building a kehillat kedusha – a sacred community, which supports lifelong Jewish living and learning. Thank you in advance for your flexibility and patience this year. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please reach out to me at email@example.com.
Director of Congregational Learning