This winter, as a community, we’re reading, discussing, and engaging with The Orchard by Yochi Brandes. The Orchard is our Library of Gratitude section for 5781. The Sifriat Todah (Library of Gratitude) seeks to nourish and help furnish the inner lives of those who call KI home. This year’s selection offers a kind of “spiritual retreat” into the world of Akiva and his wife, Rachel. Special Winter Wednesday evening sessions will be taught by our rabbis, with the opening session taught by Rabbi Hamilton on December 9 until the arrival of Passover.
All are encouraged to join us at 7:15PM on the dates below via Zoom
- Dec 9: Rabbi Hamilton – Akiva meets Paul: The seeds of Jewish-Christian moral collaboration
- Dec 23: Rabbi Starr – We all need love and we all need stimulation. We’ll read stories that show how much the early rabbis needed both of those things, showing us what Torah really contains.
- Jan 6: Rabbi Elizabeth Bonney-Cohen – Oven of Akhnai – Power overreach of Gamliel
- Jan 20: Rabbinic Intern Talia Laster – Ketubot 62-63: Torah as the Other Woman
- Feb 3: Rabbi Hamilton – The price of Intense Ideological Fervor
- Feb 17: Rabbi Elizabeth Bonney-Cohen – Power of Female Relationships